Choosing the Right Eyeglasses and Frames in Wichita, KS
It's easy to choose the right frames at Wichita Optometry. Whether you need prescription eyeglasses or UV-resistant sunglasses, we carry the latest designer frames and custom lenses at both of our locations in Wichita, KS. Our optometry team is happy to help you find the precise prescription and lens type you need, but we also care about the way they look on your face.
If you're not comfortable and confident in your corrective eyewear, you won't want to wear it as recommended. We know flattering frames that actually fit make all the difference, so we're here to help you find them. Learn more about our style recommendations and the options we offer at Wichita Optometry.
Frame Recommendations for Different Face Shapes
Every face is unique, and your face needs a pair of eyeglasses that flatters your particular features. The proportions of your face will determine the ideal frame shape for you. Which of the following shapes does your face resemble?
- Square – If your face has equal length and width with an angular jawline, your frames should be rounded and wide to balance these features; aviators and oversized ovals are flattering options
- Oval – Long but balanced faces are complemented by frames that follow the brow line, such as diamond or wide rectangle shapes
- Heart-Shaped – Also known as inverted triangles, heart-shaped faces are characterized by wide foreheads and narrow chins; frames with semi-rims and bottom-heavy shapes are best
- Round – A perfectly round face is a great candidate for wide, angular frames with sharp corners and more width than depth
- Triangle – If your forehead is narrow but your chin is broad, cat-eye and butterfly frames will add some width to the top half of your face
Variety of Style, Color, and Rim Options
Different colors and textures appeal to different patients. We do our best to offer a wide variety of frame options, so that we can accommodate your individual tastes and coloring. If you want color in your rims, complement your skin tone and eye color with a shade from a complementary color family. If you have a favorite frame shape, choose between semi-rim and rimless options that create a minimalist illusion.
Find Eyeglasses and Sunglasses that Fit
Corrective eyewear should improve, not interfere with, your daily tasks and responsibilities. Your eyeglasses should sit firmly on your face without the need for adjustment. If they are slightly too big and the nose piece slides down, you need a more narrow pair. The shape of your frames and thickness of your lenses may also affect the ideal size for your face. At Wichita Optometry, we make sure your custom lenses are fitted into frames that will stay in place.
Call Wichita Optometry today at (316) 942-7496 for more information about our selection of frames for eyeglasses and sunglasses. We look forward to helping you customize your new favorite accessory.